Permanently Excluded Students
Following a Permanent Exclusion
Following a permanent exclusion, a referral will be made to Specialist Placement Panel to request a placement at TMBSS. As soon as a place is available, the student will be allocated an Educational Centre. A home visit will be undertaken by a member of the Senior Leadership Team and a start date will be agreed. More information about what to expect on a home visit can be found in the 'Parents' section of the website. The initial assessment period can last between 4 and 6 weeks, when a Placement Review will be arranged in order to agree the next stage of the student's education.
During the placement, TMBSS will focus on re-engaging students with their learning by developing positive relationships and providing them with access to an appropriate curriculum/timetable.
Following a Placement Review
TMBSS will assist and support in all re-integration as appropriate. This may take the form of;
- a return to a mainstream school via a referral to the Fair Access Panel,
- a shared placement between a mainstream school and TMBSS,
- a short term continuation of support through TMBSS,
- a place in a specialist provision or school that can provide more appropriately for the students needs.
- supporting student and family at admission meetings,
- providing advice and feedback to any new placement on educational matters and behavioural strategies that may have become apparent during the assessment period,
- initiating an application for an Education Health Care Plan, if appropriate, or organise a review of an existing Plan.