Ludlow Education Centre is a provision for Secondary aged pupils in South Shropshire. The Centre can be found in the Historic town based at the Old Museum Store, Old Street. It comprises of two large classrooms, two smaller rooms and an office. There is also a small garden area where fruit and vegetables are grown to be used in Food Technology lessons.
Aims of Ludlow Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to achieve outcomes suitable for them post 16.