Bridgnorth Education Centre is an alternative education provision for Key Stage 3 and 4 students.
Our students have typically struggled to access school in a mainstream learning environment. We are able to support them in reaching their potential through an appropriate curriculum that is delivered by specialist staff and in small teaching groups.
Students attend for a period of assessment with the aim to move the students on to full time permanent placements in schools that will best work for their individual needs.
Aims of Bridgnorth Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to achieve outcomes suitable for them post 16.